Author: Julia Donaldson
Illustrator: Axel Scheffler
Age range: KS1
A funny, exciting, uplifting story with beautiful illustrations to match. The story follows a very catchy rhyme with repetition which would be fun to chant.
Themes include helping others, friendship, unlikely heroes, teamwork, bravery
- create your own rhyming story
- write a newspaper report about one of the times Superworm comes to the rescure
- write a diary entry from the point of view of Superworm
- compare with the adjectives used to describe other superheroes
- can you categorise the different animals
- explore the features/adaptations of worms
- make a food chain of some of the animals features in the story
- research the illustrator
–> which materials does he like to use?
–> what is his creative process?
- compose a tune to accompany the Superworm chant
- chant it in a round